|Dell PowerVault MD1200 Direct Attached Storage
Versatile, high-capacity direct-attached storage DAS
Maximum Capacity (per enclosure)Up to 120TB when using 12 x 10TB NL-SAS 3.5" HDDs
PERC H810 enables expansion to 8 enclosures, 4 per port
|Simple and versatile server expansion
The PowerVault MD1200 offers seamless expansion for Dell™ PowerEdge™ servers with the PERC H800 HostRAID adapter and gives customers the most drive flexibility of any of Dell’s direct-attached storage arrays.
• Easily expand your server capacity: This expansion array can support twelve 2.5-inch or 3.5-inch SAS HDDs and SAS SSDs in a 2U array and expands up to 8 arrays behind a single PERC H800 HostRAID adapter.
• Versatility and flexibility to meet most business needs: With the ability to mix 2.5-inch and 3.5-inch enclosures behind a single PERC H800 HostRAID adapter and support for 2.5-inch drives2, PowerVault MD1200 delivers capacity and performance to support most customer deployments.
Keeping up with business needs
The PowerVault MD1200 offers customers the ability to support mainstream, capacity-intensive, and performance-intensive applications in a single storage solution. This flexibility makes it easy to tier your data by matching your data requirements and drive characteristics. The following features maximize the efficiency of your storage solution:
• Support for 2.5-inch and 3.5-inch drives in PowerVault MD1200.
• Ability to mix 2.5-inch and 3.5-inch enclosures behind a single PERC H800 HostRAID adapter.
• Ability to mix and match 7.2K (nearline), 10K, and 15K RPM SAS Hard Disk Drives (HDDs) with Solid State Drives (SSDs). This includes SAS HDDs that support Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) technology.
Affinity with PowerEdge
The Dell PowerVault MD1200 storage array is engineered to work optimally with Dell PowerEdge™ servers, utilizing the PERC H800 HostRAID adapter, Dell OpenManage™ Storage Manager, and common components, as follows:
• The configuration of the PERC H800 enables the software to recognize all storage as a single unit, helping to increase reliability and fault tolerance.
• Dell OpenManage Storage Manager software can manage both the external array and internal storage, streamlining storage management through a single, common interface. This helps reduce resource load on the system, and enables easier navigation for the user.
• The PowerVault MD1200 leverages the same 2.5-inch and 3.5-inch drives as 11G PowerEdge servers and the same power supplies and fans as the PowerVault MD1220, reducing the cost of spares
Custom configurations are available on all our systems
If you have any special requirements, comments or questions, feel free to email us